Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Working with styrene sheets

Hey guys, hoping you could give me some tips.

 

I'm messing around trying to build up my customer modeling skills. I've got some bare styrene sheet. I'm running into an issue fusing two pieces together. Basically. Like in the picture below. The joint is very weak and I can't seem to get it to bond firmly, it keeps wanting to just snap apart when any even light pressure is applied.

Here's a little diagram. Two styrene parts, edge to edge. The circled area is where I'm gluing them, the squiggly line is showing the length that I'm applying the cement to. 

I've tried using Plastruct cement and Model Masters Liquid Cement... no go. Any tips on fusing styrene together better?

 

 

Source: http://cs.scaleautomag.com/SCACS/forums/thread/951133.aspx

Eddie Cheever Andrea Chiesa Ettore Chimeri

No comments:

Post a Comment